As we rely more and more on our computers for work, communication, and entertainment, encountering issues with our devices can be frustrating and disruptive. Fortunately, many common PC problems have simple solutions that even non-technical users can implement. Here are some tips on how to fix common PC problems in office computer using simple troubleshooting.
Here are some most common computer problems:
- Slow performance
- Internet connectivity issues
- Blue screen of death
- Pop-ups and unwanted software
- Printer issues
- Unresponsive applications
A slow computer can make even simple tasks take longer than necessary. To speed things up, try uninstalling programs you no longer use, deleting unnecessary files, and disabling startup programs. You can also try running a malware scan to ensure your system is not infected with viruses or malware. You can visit our another post 10 Tricks to Fasten a Slow Laptop and Computer.
How to uninstall unwanted software
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run dialogue box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Now you can see list of all installed software. click on Unwanted software to uninstall.
- Right Click on it and select Uninstall.
- Now follow instruction to completely remove it.
- Repeat steps 3-5 to uninstall more unnecessary applications.
Note: Must research about the applications before you uninstall them. Removing any application that is necessary to run the system properly can cause serious problem and you may need extra hard time to recover the same.
How to delete unnecessary system files
As we use more and more application on PC, a lot of temporary files are created. These file are created for temporary use by the system and consume useful space in storage device making read and write process slower. Deleting these files regularily can improve system read and write process faster. You can delete temporary files as mention below:
- Press Windows button and type Command Prompt.
- Right click on Command Prompt > then select Run as administrator to launch CMD with admin privilege.
- Copy and paste these command into Command Crompt.
- del /q/f/s %temp%\*
- del /q/f/s C:\Windows\Temp\*
- del /q/f/s C:\Windows\Prefetch\*
- You will see the verbose of operations performed by these magic lines of code. Relax and watch all the magic happen.
- After completion of process, Restart PC to load a fresh and smooth version operating system.
Disable Start-up applications to make boot process faster
Disabling Start-up apps can reduce boot time and make your computer faster. It makes your taskbar or menu unclutter, while also freeing up processing power from programs you seldom use. Unnecessary start-up apps comsume useful resources that can be used to perform other operations faster. You can disable start-up applications using these steps.
- Right click on Windows button to Launch Windows Power Menu.
- Select Settings (It will open Windows Settings)
- Now select Apps > click on Startup. You’ll get all startup apps.
- Toggle button to enable or disable applications.
Internet connectivity issues
If you are having trouble connecting to the internet, start by checking your router or modem to ensure they are functioning properly. If they are, try resetting them. You can also try restarting your computer or checking your network settings.
Blue screen of death
If your computer suddenly crashes and displays a blue screen with an error message, it could be due to hardware or software issues. Try updating your device drivers and performing a virus scan. If the issue persists, you may need to seek help from a professional.
How to update device drivers in windows 10
Updating device drivers keeps computer runing smoothly. Device drivers are softwares that make communication between computer peripherals and operating system. A broken driver can cause issue and shows blue screen of death (BSoD). Windows 10 and newer versions of the operating system have inbuilt drivers for all common peripherals. Update device drivers using these methods:
- Update Windows Operating as it also update device drivers.
- You can visit third-party website to download latest drivers for your devices.
- Open Device manager to update device drivers manually.
- Press Windows + X keyboard shortcut. Select Device Manager.
- Expand device name > right click on device name > now select Update driver.
Pop-ups and unwanted software
Unwanted pop-ups and software can be frustrating and potentially harmful. Install an antivirus program to detect and remove malware, and use a pop-up blocker to prevent unwanted ads and software from appearing.
If your computer is overheating, it could be due to a buildup of dust or a malfunctioning fan. Clean your computer’s fans and vents regularly, and ensure they are functioning properly. You can also consider installing additional cooling solutions like a laptop cooler or desktop fan.
If you are having trouble printing, check that your printer is connected and turned on. Ensure the printer is set as the default printer in your computer settings. Try restarting your computer and printer, and ensure your printer drivers are up to date.
Unresponsive applications are very annoying for us. If an application is not responding, try closing it using the Task Manager. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your computer or reinstalling the application.
Many common PC problems have simple solutions that can be implemented without technical expertise. By following these tips, you can keep your computer running smoothly and avoid costly repairs or replacements. If you are not able to fix any of the problem must contact a professional.